Thursday, November 19, 2009

Editing a Storm

Now that the storm is over, the memory lingers. Many of us have images to refreshen those memories. Some of my favorites have already been published on this blog. But I have a few more to share.


At one point, during the fury of the storm the sun popped out for a little while. The seas were building and the water was swirling across the shore. Walking the area of Mirlo Beach, I could see that this was just getting more intense. I can't explain taking pictures in this situation. It's almost as though another sense kicks in. I'm surrounded by vibrant, visual energy, and I have to enclose portions of that in the viewfinder. Some shots, I know have impact as they are taken, but many come as surprises, later in the editing process.











3 comments:

  1. I had heard from another blogger that the Serendipity, the house that was in Nights Of Rodanthe movie was washed away. I see in your photo it is standing. Do you know if it withstood the entire storm and is still with us today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serendipity, the most photographed building on the island (except for the lighthouse) is still standing. It's weathered many ordeals, including the movie, but I notice that it's no longer standing straight up. Now there is a slight list toward the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The county has condemned Serendipity and says it must to taken down or moved. More on the Island Free Press.

    ReplyDelete